Among general election voters
Biden over Trump: +8 (48-40)
RON’S COMMENT: This Fox News poll gives Trump a clear national popular vote lead. Other internal data:
- Trump’s handling of the coronavirus outbreak in this poll is rated 43% approve/55% disapprove.
- Over 60% of voters believe “lack of available testing” and “lack of a clear plan from the federal government” are still major problems.
- 55% believe “we should wait to reopen the economy, even if it means the economic crisis lasts longer.” Only 34% say open it now anyway.
Biden over Trump: +28 (58-30)
RON’S COMMENT: No surprise here. Trump lost California by 30 points in 2016. Other California data:
- 68% of Trump voters are enthusiastic to vote for him.
- 57% of Biden voters are enthusiastic to vote for him.
- 52% of Republicans who will vote for Biden have reservations about him.
- 38% of Democrats who will vote for Biden have reservations about him.
- 53% of independents who will vote for Biden have reservations about him.
- Note that even in a solid blue state like California, more voters think Trump will win than those who think Biden will win, 42-39.
Biden over Trump: +26 (57-31)
RON’S COMMENT: Trump lost Washington state by 16 points in 2016.
Biden and Trump: even (46-46)
RON’S COMMENT: Trump won Arizona in 2016 by nearly 4 points. While Republicans won the state in five of the last six presidential elections, Democrats believe they can win it this year.
Trump over Biden: +2 (48-46)
RON’S COMMENT: Trump won Iowa by nearly 10 points last time. In the last four presidential elections, the state voted Democratic twice and Republican twice.
Biden over Trump: +3 (49-46)
RON’S COMMENT: Trump won North Carolina in 2016 by nearly 4 points. Though Republicans have won the state in nine of the last ten presidential elections, it’s commonly viewed as a critical swing state based on close races in recent elections.